Scott and I have been married for almost 10 years. We are both artistic in a variety of ways and, for years, we have dreamed of opening an online shop with our art: Scott is a digital artist, I'm a hobby photographer. We both have a passion for creating things - but not a clear idea of what that might look like exactly.
In March 2020, Scott was furloughed (along with a huge population of people) in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The longer the pandemic lasts, and the longer the furlough is extended, the more we knew we needed a new direction. A new job. A new source of income. And something he (and WE) could be passionate about.
But it needed to be flexible. Scott cannot take a full-time job elsewhere without jeopardizing his furlough and the option to return to his old job, economy permitting. Since he loves what he does, we wanted to find a way to stay within those lines. And, to be honest, he's a night-owl. He works best on a non-traditional work schedule. He's happier and healthier when he can control his work time.
I honestly don't know where he saw it (I'll ask him about it eventually), but he started telling me about the Glowforge 3D Laser Printer on the 19th of August (just 5 days ago). This started a frantic couple of days where all we could think about or talk about was "Is this something we could do?"... had we found a way to make our dream of a business come true?
So that's the beginning. Lots more to write about in little bits and pieces - I want to track our progress. I may never publish this blog, but wanted a place to start to write down what we did!
No comments:
Post a Comment